Mini Face Lift Baltimore – MACS-Lift Procedure
What is a MACS-Lift?
MACS-Lift stands for Minimal Access Cranial Suspension-Lift. It is a mini-face lift that is ideal for younger patients or those with less advanced signs of aging. It provides natural rejuvenation with shorter operative time, quicker recovery, and less potential for complications compared with traditional face lifts. The procedure is characterized by short incisions, limited skin undermining and suture suspension of the deep tissues of the face.
Why have a MACS-Lift
The procedure is designed for patients who have started to notice jowling and sagging of the face and neck, but who are not ready for, and really do not need a traditional full face lift.
The MACS-Lift procedure provides youthful, natural, subtle rejuvenation and is not intended to dramatically alter a patient’s appearance. Its goals include
- Tightening the cheek
- Resuspending the jowl
- Defining the jaw line
- Improving neck contour
- Providing natural, subtle facial rejuvenation
About the Procedure:
Your surgeon will make strategically placed incisions along the hairline and in front of the ear, only. Limited skin undermining is performed. Permanent sutures are used to resuspend the deeper structures of the face, reversing “gravitational signs of aging.” Excess skin is excised, and the incisions are closed.
The MACS-Lift procedure can take from two to three hours. The procedure is done on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. Because safety is always our first concern, we always work with board-certified anesthesiologists to ensure that your surgery is as safe as possible. Following your surgery, you will be able to rest in the comfort of your own home.
Recovery & Aftercare:
- While facial swelling and some bruising are common, the severity and duration and more limited when compared with traditional face lift (rhytidectomy).
- Light activity is permitted within days.
- Return to work within seven to 10 days.
- A MACS-Lift can be combined with rejuvenation of the brow or eyelids.
- Selected patients may benefit from neck liposuction.
- Ex-smokers may want to consider skin resurfacing for lines around the lips.
- The MACS-Lift is a cosmetic procedure that will not be covered under any insurance policy.
See our MACS-Lift videos
**NOTE: The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for any given individual can only be determined through a consultation with the Baltimore plastic surgeons.