Why have a Facelift?
Our Baltimore surgeons recommend facelifts for people who are concerned about:
- Facial lines and wrinkles
- Sagging skin around the mid-face
- Sagging skin around the jowls and/or neck.
Facelifts create a natural, more youthful appearance by:
- Lifting and tightening the loose, droopy, lined skin of the cheeks, jowls and neck
- Improving the visible signs of aging
- Improving overall appearance and self image.
About the Procedure:
Your cosmetic surgeon will make strategically-placed incisions that are hidden in the hairline, the natural creases of the ear and in the lower scalp. The skin is separated from the underlying fat and muscle. The fat may be trimmed or suctioned to improve contour. After deep tissues are tightened, the excess skin is draped, trimmed and sutured into place to eliminate sagging.
A facelift can take from three to six hours, depending on the complexity of the procedure. This surgery is done in Towson, near Baltimore, on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. Because safety is our first concern, we always work with board-certified anesthesiologists to ensure that your surgery is as safe as possible. Following your surgery, you may recover in a medically supervised setting or in the comfort of your own home.
Recovery & Aftercare:
- Patients may experience some degree of bruising and swelling that progressively improves over two to four weeks.
- Bed rest the day of surgery is recommended.
- Limit activity for the first week following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about one to two weeks.
- A Browlift (to reposition the forehead), Blepharoplasty (for wrinkles and/or bags around the eyes), Liposuction (for the removal of fat under the chin), or Laser surgery (for skin rejuvenation) may be performed in conjunction with the facelift procedure.
- Non surgical procedures may include BOTOX Cosmetic® injections or injectable fillers.
- Please discuss these additional options with Baltimore Plastic surgeons Drs. Cohen and Lickstein.
- A Baltimore facelift is considered a cosmetic procedure; therefore insurance will not cover it.
See Our Baltimore Facelift Videos
**NOTE: The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for any given individual can only be determined through a consultation with the plastic surgeon.