Why have a Brow Lift?
Our surgeons recommend a Brow Lift for people concerned about:
- Looking tired, angry or overly serious
- Drooping eyebrows
- Horizontal lines and furrows across their foreheads
A brow lift creates a fresher, more youthful look to the forehead and upper eye area. By tightening your skin, this procedure minimizes forehead wrinkles and drooping eyebrows.
About the Procedure:
Your surgeon will make a strategically located incision that is hidden behind the hairline. The muscles and tissues that cause the furrowing or drooping are removed or altered in order to smooth out the forehead, raise the eyebrows and minimize frown lines.
A brow lift procedure can take from one to two hours. This procedure is done on an outpatient basis with general anesthesia. Because safety is our first concern, we always work with board-certified anesthesiologists to ensure that your surgery is as safe as possible. Following your surgery, you will be able to rest in the comfort of your own home.
Recovery & Aftercare:
- Patients may experience some temporary bruising, swelling, numbness or headaches
- Bed rest the day of surgery is recommended.
- Limit activity for the first week following surgery.
- Avoid strenuous activities for about one to two weeks.
- Return to work within seven to 10 days, usually sooner for endoscopic forehead lift.
- A Facelift (for removing excess fat, tightening underlying muscles, and redraping the skin of the face and neck), Blepharoplasty (for wrinkles and/or bags around the eyes), or Laser surgery (for skin rejuvenation) may be performed in conjunction with the browlift procedure.
- Non surgical procedures may include BOTOX Cosmetic® injections or injectable fillers.
- Please discuss these additional options with the doctor.
- A brow lift is considered a cosmetic procedure; therefore insurance will not cover it.
**NOTE: The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for any given individual can only be determined through a consultation with the Baltimore cosmetic surgeon .